Friday, April 13, 2012

Confessions of the OCD Intern.

When you're The Intern, you sometimes find yourself with nothing to do. If you're anything like me, you then give yourself something to do. I was in this exact position Thursday afternoon and when a delivery of supplies came, I was happy to get out of my chair and unpack the boxes.

But, it didn't stop there. Because if you are anything like me, you don't just put the new box where it fits, but you want some kind of organized system. So it started with my rearranging some kitchen supplies. Easy. Then, for some reason, I opened the microwave and it smelled an awful lot like an Indian restaurant in there. When I had a closer look, I could actually see the whole Indian restaurant had, as a matter of fact, exploded in there.

Clean freak as I am, I just couldn't leave it. And there I was. All of a sudden I had created some kind of obsessive cleaning duty for myself. The whole kitchen became my mission. And I've got to tell you that it was kind of refreshing. Ehh, think-wise, not literally – some parts of that fridge had not seen a sponge in a long time.

I enjoy working with my hands. With my body. Standing up and getting dirty. It was actually a nice break from sitting down, looking at a screen, trying to figure out how to be creative. See, this whole blog post actually came to me while scrubbing old food off the kitchen cabinets.


We all have our ways. OCD cleaning is one of mine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment