Friday, March 9, 2012

When the gray zone playing doesn't apply.

Most of my time, I play my game in a gray zone. Not saying that my life is gray and boring, no, that's not what I mean. Quite the opposite actually. I believe in gray; let me explain. Most situations we encounter are more complex than being right or wrong. There are often more than two options and there can be several players with different input and different points of view.

I believe that within the gray area, if we accept its complexity, we can build a platform for creativity and all the world's colors. That's where it happens and where we can explore and learn.

However. There is one exception to my rule. When it comes to matters of the heart, love and affection, I only have two sides. Black or white. I either love with all my heart, beyond what could ever be described as common sense; or I don't feel at all and I don't put any trust in any kind of emotion.

No need to analyze that kind of mindset. The alert reader will understand its consequences. But let me just tell you, that even if I could change it and be more gray and feel a little more when I should or feel a little less when I shouldn't, I wouldn't. There is something about love that makes it impossible to play it gray.


No comments:

Post a Comment