Monday, July 16, 2012

Can't see the end of this love.

My year in the US has come to an end, we all know that. Even I know that (although, it might not seem that way). However, the program I attended continues and a new group of students now prepare for their year overseas. Every now and then, I get emails from students-to-be, with questions about everything ranging from VISA details to tips about good restaurants or how to land an internship.

I love to answer these questions, and did so a few minutes ago. Whenever I can help, I'm more than happy to do it. Just now, as I was wrapping up my long respons, assuring the girl that she has a wonderful year ahead of her, tears welled up in my eyes and a wave of emotions rushed through my body, with an extra long stop around my heart.

I cannot see the end of my love for DC. If I would be given the opportunity, I would do it all over again. Even the headaches, even the heartbreaks, even the K-Mondays and the Pack Ass Tuesdays. I wouldn't change my year in DC for anything in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment