Monday, November 21, 2011

Life is perfect and I don't miss a thing -- almost.

When I travel, I don't go around missing what is left behind -- and that goes for traveling in its literary as well as its figuratively sense. There is no point in missing people, places or something that no longer is. What good could ever come out of living in the past? It will only make you lag behind. Even though it's really hard for an emotional person like me, I try to live that way -- here and now, nothing else.

Of course, I do miss my family and other loved ones when we are apart, but it's not as much missing them as in "I-want-to-go-home" than it is thinking about them and wishing I could share my experiences with them. Oh, how I would love to show my family and friends the beauty that is Washington DC and its surroundings.

I am so happy with my life here. I am almost to say that it's perfect. I have everything I need to have a great time. Almost. There is, in fact, one thing that could make my days even better. One small detail that I actually do miss, even though I try not to care. But I have to admit it, be true to myself to be able to move on.

And so much faster I would be able to move around here, had I only owned a car. Dear reader (preferably Santa), I really miss driving and I sometimes think about how great it would be to own a car!


No comments:

Post a Comment