Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving -- it starts with a parade!

I am completely sold on this so American holiday! According to the rules, I'm starting this Thanksgiving Day by watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Snuggled up in a comfortable chair, still in my pajamas, I'm watching the big balloons flying down the streets of New York City (so far, no Underdog got away) and I feel like a child.

The first parade was held in the 1920's when European immigrants wanted to show their appreciation to their new country. Some Macy's employees marched down the streets with animals borrowed from the Central Park Zoo and it was such a success, Macy's decided to make it an annual event.

And here I am, enjoying this Emmy Award winning tradition along with approximately three million people on location and another 50 million in front of their televisions. There is a feeling of festivity in the air and I am so very thankful for being able to enjoy this from the bottom of my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment