Friday, April 27, 2012

Would it be easier if I started hating you?

Sometimes I believe that it would be easier if we could just pick up a fight. If I could find all the wrongs and be annoyed by them. But then again, why would I? We have nothing to fight about. In fact, we have been having an absolutely amazing relationship since day one. I don't hate you, DC – I love you!

Of course, even when you're in the capitol of the US for an awesome year of studying and working, life catches you. Hearts break here too. Headaches come when you are stressed over exams or when you just don't have time to sleep. Rain and icy winds are not more enjoyable just because you are in the 7th most fun city in the US. Mondays are mondays. Bills are boring to pay. Emptying the dishwasher is still my no.1 hate thing to do first thing in the morning.

Life is life wherever you go. But as my time here is soon coming to an end, I can sum it up by saying that I'm hopelessly and madly in love with DC. It is certainly odd that I will pack my bags and leave these streets behind me in a very near future, but I refuse to let that take me down.

Why would I walk around, thinking about how sad it is to leave, when I could run around and smile over the fact that I am actually still here?

No, hating you would not make it better in any way, shape or form. Because I love you. And when you think about it, how could it ever be a bad thing to love, even though you know it will soon come to an end?

The White House, we know that.

Pennsylvania Avenue and the Capitol, another familiar building.

But have you been to the fish market, South West?

Do you know that DC's best falafel is served in Adams Morgan?

Did you visit Eastern Market to soothe your flea market cravings?

No comments:

Post a Comment