Thursday, January 5, 2012

The tears of goodbye are not evil ones.

I left the Winter Wonderland with tears in my eyes. I didn't think I would. But I did. There's something about spending lots of time under the same roof with family that makes it so hard to say goodbye. Even though, with family, it's never goodbye. It's always see you later.

Hopefully, I'll see most of them later in Washington DC, where I'll land again tomorrow afternoon. I've had two wonderful weeks of simply – being. Kind of lazy. Now I'm all prepared and excited to go back to my current home and start working.

Thank you, lovely family, for giving me the Christmas break I needed. Thank you weather, for giving me the snow I wanted. And thank you sweet nephews for giving me so many hugs and kisses and smiles.

I don't think I'll ever be able to handle the tears of goodbye. But they are not really evil tears. They are simply tears of love. And, in the end, how can that be bad?



No comments:

Post a Comment