Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Grandma's pumpkin piiiie.

Miles and miles away from home. New food, new traditions and I want to embrace it all and experience as much as I can. In fall, everything here comes in pumpkin flavor. We don't pay a lot of attention to the pumpkin back home in Sweden, so I was very curious to taste it when it started to pop up everywhere.

I started with a pumpkin cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory and after the first bite I realized it was my thing. More pumpkin to the world! Therefore, it was no question about what I was going to bake for the 305 girls' three-course dinner tonight.

My first ever pumpkin pie is in the oven and I am extremely excited to evaluate the outcome. However, the pre-made pie shell that I bought (I thought I might do it all the way the American way) was a bit too small for all the filling. I guess I just have to make two pies.

You are more than welcome to grab a bite!

Pumpkin cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory

What will become Grandma's Pumpkin Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment