Saturday, October 29, 2011

Home is where your heart is.

I just booked a flight ticket from Sweden back home to DC. My Christmas holiday in my hometown and my homeland will be a bit longer than I had planned, but the ticket I found was the most convenient one. And I guess it's not too bad after all. It will be two weeks of family fun and time to rest and prepare for the internship.

As I booked the ticket, I realized how much I appreciate my life at the moment. How much I like it here. How much I feel at home and how much I don't want to go "home," which is supposed to be Sweden. I actually wanted to leave my hometown around January 1, to get as much free time as possible in DC before the internship starts, but January 6 will be okay too.

I might be running around. I might be running away. If you ask me why and from what, I will not answer. I do have an answer, but I don't want to tell you. It's just that I have to do these kind of things, be out here on my own and live and learn.

Home is where your heart is and I want my home to be wherever I am. For that reason, I am keeping my heart for myself - and I take it with me wherever I go. Christmas holiday in my hometown will be lovely. Over there, my heart will be surrounded by the most important people in my world, so I guess I won't be missing this home too much in the end.

Speaking of Christmas - look at the snow outside my window!

No comments:

Post a Comment