Monday, September 5, 2011

Inside one of the most symbolically important buildings in the world.

As mentioned earlier today,  I went to check out the Capitol. You have all seen it before. On postcards, on TV, and if not so (how could that even be possible?!), at least on this blog. I am amazed by this massive building with a huge, absolutely beautiful dome. I wonder how many pictures one can take of it, before it gets boring. When I've been in DC I've been taking pictures of it from every possible angle.

Today, I got it from yet another angle - the inside! I would really like to share this experience with you in front of the screen, but I am sorry to say that it's impossible. I believe it's on of those things you have to see for yourself. I can give you a sneak peek though. Look at this. This picture is taken from the Rotunda. Unbelievably beautiful.

Really, if you ever plan a trip to DC, don't forget to plan a trip to The Capitol. The enormous building where all the important people work all day long. Where the House of Representatives and The Senate have coffee and take important decisions. And you know what else, they have their own shops and hairdressers - to fit hectic schedules (!) - and even a whole subway system!


No comments:

Post a Comment